Frequently Asked Questions
Some companies prefer to obtain a standard commercial license with clearer entitlements and obligations than an open source license provides. A commercial license offers more flexibility when integrating Enterprise TinyMCE into your application or web site:
- Modifications do not need to be released
- License terms and source code don't need to be distributed
- Files can be removed and don't need to be referenced
Specific terms and conditions can be found in the Ephox Enterprise TinyMCE Product License.
The definition of a CPU varies according to the environment where you are hosting your application:
- Shared web hosting - a CPU is the single web site on the hosting plan.
- Cloud, grid or virtualized - a CPU is each virtual server instance.
- Physical or dedicated server - a CPU is the processor of the physical server. A minimum of 1 license is required for each CPU on the machine. For multi-core CPUs, a license is required for ever 2 cores.
Gold Support gives you one year of one-on-one access to Ephox technical support engineers via email, phone and on our forums. Our team is committed to turn around times that make you successful. If you need the help of our experienced engineers as you build and run TinyMCE in your project, then the Gold Edition is for you.
Short for Lesser General Public License, this is the type of license that accompanies the open source distribution of TinyMCE and details how the software and its source code can be freely copied, distributed and modified. The details of the license are available on the GNU web site.
A 'User' means any and all (i.e. non-concurrent) people who are authorized by you to access and use Enterprise TinyMCE.
Forums-only support means that you can post questions and search for answers on our forums. Ephox technical specialists monitor and reply to the forums but response times or resolutions are not guaranteed.